Wednesday, June 2, 2010

IDEO's Ryan Jacoby Prototypes a Business Design Curriculum

Last May, IDEO's Ryan Jacoby made a posting on his blog that got a lot of people talking.  It was his vision of what a Business Design curriculum would look like.  Ryan helps run the business design practice for IDEO in NYC (and is considered the first graduate of the d.school at Stanford) so has the credibility to put this curriculum idea out there and stimulate some spirited discussion. 

When I found the posting last summer, I'd just launched Creative Design for Affordability at Cornell, and I was seeking kindred spirits and potentially more training in design thinking when I found Ryan's curriculum and a flowing discussion in the comments section at the bottom of the page. 

I wanted to do my part to continue the conversation sparked by the post, so I've included a snippet of his posting here to pique your interest (sorry it's a bit fuzzy -- please make sure to check out his whole post here).  I also had the opportunity to chat with Ryan recently -- about the posting and his work in business design.  That conversation will follow later in the week...


1 comment:

  1. A very informative site. The way you have share this information is really very appreciative. Hope to see more on this topic here.In financial accounting, a Balance sheet or statement of financial position is a summary of the financial balances of a sole proprietorship, a business partnership, a corporation or other business organization

    ReplyDelete